Dedicated to covering the visual arts community in Connecticut.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Artist reception for Juliano show at Charter Oak Cultural Center Friday

Charter Oak Cultural Center
21 Charter Oak Ave., Hartford, (860) 249-1207
Tony Juliano: I Came for the Wine and Cheese
Apr. 1—29, 2011.
Opening Reception: Fri., Apr. 1, 5:30 p.m.

Press release
Tony Juliano’s exhibition I Came for the Wine and Cheese is a mockery of and homage to famous artists and their artwork throughout history as well as other artwork satirizing modern day culture. The exhibition includes paintings, installations, murals and prizes.

The exhibit runs through Fri., Apr. 29th. Wine and hors d’oeuvres will be served at the opening reception on Fri., Apr. 1 at 5:30 p.m. FREE.

From Tony Juliano:
I am having a rather big art exhibition. In big, I mean quite a few things...

Lots of new artwork that has never been seen before. I'll have around 23 to 24 large pieces of original artwork. Mostly all new, but nothing dating back later than 2007/2009.

Also going against my Stuckism beliefs, I am doing my first and maybe only installation art project. It is in very much the style of Agoo Art. I won't go into a lot of detail so you will have to come to see. Hint: Up.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home